BOOK EDITING SERVICES
**Please note: I am offering this service independently. What I do here, through the blog, has nothing to do with the publishing houses that I work with.**
I can perform different levels of editing, depending on your needs.
- Proofreading – I will edit for only spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Copyediting – I will include edits for all of the above, plus POV shifts, transitions, tense changes, and crutch words.
- Developmental Editing – includes all of the previous, plus suggestions to improve the overall content of the story. When I read through a book, anything I see that seems a little “off” will be commented on with a suggestion of how I would change it.
What’s in it for you:
- A fresh set of eyes, trained in editing, working her tail off, and giving 110% to every page she reads.
- The weight of worry lifted off of your shoulders.
- My solemn vow to never share a word of what you have written.
- Proofreading – $0.01 per word
- Copyediting – $0.015 per word
- Developmental Editing – $0.02 per word
I figured my prices by taking into account the Editorial Freelancers Association common editorial rates, my average editing pace, and the fact that I want to be able to help authors. All of my prices are lower than what you will find on the EFA site, and I believe they are fair.
When an agreement has been reached, I require payment of 50% of the total cost. The other 50% will be billed once the edits are complete.
The fine print…
If an agreement is reached and you hire me to edit your manuscript, you agree:
- to NOT hold me responsible for any aspect of your book’s outcome (edits are done in track changes of word, giving you the option to accept or reject each one, so the responsibility of your book’s final outcome ultimately falls back on you)
- to your name being posted here, on this blog page, showing that I did work for you
- that no one is perfect and mistakes will happen (no one can catch absolutely EVERYTHING)
- your payment will include ONE read through for proofreading or copyediting, and TWO for developmental(content) edits
- refunds will NOT be given after the editing is completed
Willing to give me a try???
Email me at theresa(at)fadeintofantasy(dot)com!
Please include the following in your email:
*a sample of the work (up to ten pages) This will be edited and sent back to you before any commitments are made. I want the experience to be good for both of us. You are entitled to see how I edit before committing, and I am entitled to see what I am getting myself into before committing to take on the project
*genre and word count of the work you are considering me for
*proposed deadline for completion of edits
* * * * *
Please be aware! More often than not, I have multiple projects in the queue at all times. Editing projects will be completed on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact me early to ensure I have enough time to get through your book before your release date.
Works contributed to for Entangled Publishing:
Works contributed to for MuseItUp Publishing:
Works completed for Crescent Moon Press:
Works contributed to for Eirelander Publishing:
Works contributed to independently:
Death Bite by Laurie Bowler
Death Bite 2 by Laurie Bowler
Reign of the Zombie by Laurie Bowler
A Real Slasher by Laurie Bowler
Hacked Up by Laurie Bowler
Epitaphs from the Afterlife by Autumn Rosen
Creating Fate by Rachel Firasek
Stealing Fate by Berinn Rae
Chasing Fate by Elle J Rossi